we are pleased to provide Sen2Cor Release 2.8 under: http://step.esa.int/main/third-party-plugins-2/sen2cor/sen2cor_v2.8/
Stand-alone installers for the three operating systems Linux, Windows and macOS are now available. All three versions require a 64-bit platform.
Regarding the algorithm, the main improvements of the Sen2Cor 2.8 processor compared to previous version 2.5.5 are:
- Support of the L1C generated with the current (14.5) and previous (14.2) Products Specification Document, as input.
- Improvement of the spatial homogeneity of surface reflectance between adjacent tiles.
- Improvement of the terrain correction algorithm in mountainous areas, in order to avoid artefacts for pixels under semi-transparent clouds.
- Improvement of the terrain correction algorithm, in order to avoid adjacent tile discontinuities in terrain correction for seemingly flat areas with gentle slopes.
- Improvement of the Scene Classification of snow/ice, enabling the detection of snow above frozen lakes and icebergs in Arctic and Antarctic Sea.
- Improvement of the RAM consumption, which is now less than 4 GB.
- Optimization of the JPEG2000 files reading time with the support of OpenJPEG 2.3
The Sen2Cor SNAP adapter works with Sen2Cor 2.8 (PSD 14.5 and 14.2) and Sen2Cor 2.5.5 (PSD older than 14.2). The adapter will be updated soon and a new plugin update version will be published.
For any further details, including installation step, and an overview on the evolutionary upgrades applied to Sen2Cor 2.8, please read the release notes which are provided under: http://step.esa.int/main/third-party-plugins-2/sen2cor/sen2cor_v2.8/
With best regards,
Sen2Cor Development Team